Touch is a mixed team sport at the SUGs. It is played on an outdoor field and games are 2 x 20 min halves. There is a requirement for each team to fulfill duty requirements as per draw.
Teams will be required to register a minimum squad of 8 players to participate at SUGs. For teams to avoid a forfeit fine they will be required to field 4 players at the start of their scheduled game time. Teams are able to have 3 players cross accredit from another sport at the SUGs.
Touch is a qualification sport at the Australian University Games and as such teams need to qualify at their regional university games event.
Format will include pool and progression matches. Final competition formats will be decided following the close of entries.
- Monday 3 July - 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 4 July - 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 6 July - 9:00am - 5:00pm
*Schedule is subject to change, please check back regularly for updates.
80 Windsor Road
- Surface Type - 4 grass pitches
- Warm Up areas - Available at the venue
- Car parking - 30 car parks available
- The venue has toilets, disabled toilets, and change rooms
- Seating Capacity - 8
- Catering - Catering at the venue will be provided by Newtown Hockey club
- Bus: Fenwick St/Ryrie St (Geelong). Route 43 bus towards Deakin University (via Highton). Get off at stop Balyang Sanctuary/Shannon Ave (Newtown), Marnock Rd, Rotary Walk 1km walk to grounds
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, Caltex, 404/408 Shannon Ave, Newtown. 2 km away
Draws will not be made available until the week before the event, with results made accessible once the event has commenced.
MIXED - DRAWS RESULTS