Lawn Bowls is a team sport across an 'open' competition where men and women can compete. The sport is played on outdoor grass rinks and matches will consist of three games: one singles and two pairs. Registration requires a minimum squad of five players and a maximum of eight. There must be a minimum of five players to avoid incurring a forfeit. Each team may cross accredit a maximum of three players.
Lawn Bowls is a qualification sport in the open competition for the Australian University Games and requires teams to qualify via their regional university games event.
The competition program is scheduled across four days.
Competition schedule is:
- Monday 3 July 2017 - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 4 July 2017 - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 6 July - 9:00am - 4:30pm
4-10 Sommers Street
- Surface Type - 8 Synthetic greens
- Warm Up areas - There are no warm up areas located at the venue
- Car parking - 70 car parks available
- The venue has toilets, disabled toilets, and change rooms
- Seating Capacity - available
- Catering - Catering will be available at the venue providing small snacks, sandwiches, and drinks. BBQ maybe organized
- Bus: Geelong Railway Station/Railway Tce (Geelong) Platform Bay 11. Route 42 bus towards Deakin University (via South Valley Rd). Stop at Belmont Shopping Village/High St (Belmont). Walk about 460m on High St, Turn left at Sommers St
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, Coles Express Belmont, 3/9 Settlement Rd, Belmont VIC 3216