Hockey is a team sport across men's and women's competitions. The sport is played on outdoor synthetic turf and will feature matches of two by 25 minute halves. Registration requires a minimum squad size of 14 and a maximum of 18. There must be a minimum of seven players on the field to avoid incurring a forfeit. Each team may cross accredit a maximum of 3 players.
Hockey is a qualification sport in the women's competition and requires teams to qualify via their regional university games event.
The competition program is scheduled across three days.
The competition schedule is:
- Monday 3 July 2017 - 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 4 July 2017 - 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Surface Type - 2 hybrid synthetic pitches
- Warm Up areas - Warm up area available at the venue
- Car parking - 50 car parks available
- The venue has toilets, disabled toilets, change rooms
- Seating Capacity - 200
- Catering - Catering will be provided by Hockey Geelong
- Bus: Geelong Railway Station/Railway Tce (Geelong) Platform Bay 1. Route 20 bus towards Corio SC. Get off at stop Norlane Water World/Princes Hwy (Norlane), 10 min walk
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, BP, 98-304 Princes Hwy, Corio VIC 3214. 3km away.