Football is a team sport offered as a men's competition. It is played on an outdoor field and games are two by 30min halves. There is a requirement for each team to fulfill duty requirements as per the draw.
Teams will be required to register a minimum squad of 14 players to participate at the SUGs. For teams to avoid a forfeit fine they will be required to field seven players at the start of their scheduled game time. Teams are able to have three players cross accredit from another sport at SUGs.
Football is not a qualification sport for the Australian University Games and as such teams do not need to qualify at their Regional University Games event.
The competition program is scheduled across three days.
The initial competition schedule is:
- Monday 3 July 2017 - 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 4 July 2017 - 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Surface Type - Synthetic grass pitch
- Warm Up areas - There are no warm up areas located at the venue. Other grass areas near the pitch can be used
- Car parking - Parking available at several locations across the Waurn Ponds campus
• Ticketed parking from 8:30 am-4:30 pm
• Costs $1.50 p/h up to $6.00 per day
• Pay online via Cell-O-Park
• Links for Android & iOS apps
- Access to toilets, disabled toilets, and change rooms can be found in KD Stewart Centre, Alfred Deakin Drive, Deakin - Waurn Ponds
- Seating Capacity - 100
- Catering - There are various catering options available on-campus, Buildings JB/NA/Library
- Buses - Geelong Station - Deakin University via Highton (Route 43). Departs from Geelong Station and runs via Railway Tce, Pigdons Rd and Alfred Deakin Dr to Deakin University, Waurn Ponds
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, Coles Express, 135-177 Colac Rd, Grovedale VIC 3216