Basketball is a team sport played across men's and women's competitions. It is played on an indoor court and games are 4 x 10 min quarters. There is a requirement for each team to fulfill duty requirements as per the draw.
Teams will be required to register a minimum squad of 7 players to participate at the SUGs. For teams to avoid a forfeit fine they will be required to field 4 players at the start of their scheduled game time. Teams are able to have 3 players cross accredit from another sport at the SUGs.
Basketball is a qualification sport for the Australian University Games.
Draws for basketball will be available online a week prior to SUGs.
Format will include pool and progression matches. Final competition formats will be decided following the close of entries.
Draft Competition timetable*
Monday 3 July: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 4 July: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 5 July: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 6 July: 9:00am - 4:00pm
*timetable is subject to change, please check back regularly for updates.
110 Victoria Street
- Surface Type - 4 sprung floor courts
- Warm Up areas - No designated areas for warm up
- Car parking - 100 cars spaces available at the Arena. There is also ample on-street parking
- Venue has toilets, disabled toilets, change rooms and ATM
- Seating capacity - 300 - 1000
- Catering - on-site cafe available, no outside food allowed
- Train - The Arena is located adjacent to the North Geelong Train Station, which is approximately 50 minutes from Southern Cross train station in Melbourne CBD
- Bus - Geelong Station - Corio SC (Route 20) departs Geelong Station via Railway Tce, Mercer Street, The Esplanade, GlenLeiht Avenue, Melbourne Road (Princess Highway). The closest bus stop is located 270 meters from the venue near the North Geelong train station.
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is BP, 137 Victoria Street, Geelong North
Draws will not be made available until the week before the event, with results made accessible once the event has commenced.
MEN - DRAW RESULTS
WOMEN - DRAW RESULTS
To be advised